As a personal information handling business operator as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” or the “Act”), Shimada & Associates International Tax Consulting Office (“Shimada”) recognizes the need and importance of protection of personal information. To ensure rigorous protection of personal information, Shimada complies with the basic policy below concerning protection of personal information, and familiarizes all personnel with this policy.
1. Basic Policy
1. Shimada complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines issued by relevant authorities, and other laws and regulations concerning proper handling of personal information.
2. Shimada acquires personal information in a proper manner, and except as otherwise provided for by law, uses such information within the purpose of utilization of personal information that has been disclosed in advance, was informed or explicitly stated at the time of receipt.
3. In order to prevent loss, alteration or leakage of personal information, Shimada implements appropriate security controls for handling of personal information including information security.
4. Shimada reviews, on a regular basis, its management system and efforts for the protection of personal information to attain continuous improvement.
2. Handling of Personal Information
By posting this policy on this website, Shimada discloses in advance the purposes of utilization of personal information and potential joint utilization of personal information.
(1) Purposes of Utilization of Personal Information
(i) To introduce and/or provide accounting services, financial advisory services, consulting services, tax services, and various other services to be offered or rendered by Shimada;
(ii) To provide information through publications (including newsletters and other information provided on websites, by email, and by other means) issued by Shimada, and to provide information on sales and/or subscriptions of such publications;
(iii) To inform of and operate various seminars and study sessions;
(iv) To select and hire personnel and to conduct human resources management after hiring;
(v) To make proposals, take statistics, conduct researches and respond to requests for advice from public organizations concerning services provided by Shimada, and to otherwise engage in contribution to society;
(vi) To respond to various inquiries from you; and
(vii) To implement comprehensive risk management based, inter alia, on the requirements for compliance with laws and regulations and quality control.
(2) Provision to Third Parties
As a rule, Shimada does not provide personal data to any third parties, except where such provision is permitted by applicable laws or regulations, or where the person is deemed to have consented to such provision under the purpose or policy of applicable laws and regulations.
(3) Provision to Third Parties in a Foreign County
When Shimada provides personal data to a third party in a foreign country (hereinafter a country or region located outside the territory of Japan), it provides the personal data only to a person establishing a system conforming to standards prescribed by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary for continuously taking action equivalent to the one that it shall take concerning the handling of personal data, or it provides personal data only when a consent on such provision to a third party in a foreign country is obtained in advance from the principal.
3. Management of Personal Information
(1) Shimada strives to keep personal data accurate and up to date within the scope necessary to achieve a utilization purpose.
(2) In order to prevent loss, destruction, alteration or leakage of personal information, Shimada safely manages personal information and takes appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses.
(3) Shimada appoints an individual responsible for management of personal information to implement appropriate control over personal information.
(4) Shimada appropriately supervises its personnel and its trustees with respect to the handling of personal information.
4. Procedures to Comply with Requests on Retained Personal Data for Disclosure, Correction, etc.
Upon receiving a request on any personal data retained, such as a request for disclosure, correction and utilization cease, etc. under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Shimada will appropriately meet such request pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
If you have complaints, opinions or questions regarding the handling of personal information by Shimada, please contact us.
Last updated: 27 May 2020